AMD X570 ATX gaming motherboard with PCIe 4.0, 16 power stages , OptiMem III, on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 2.5 Gbps LAN, USB 3.2, SATA, M.2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors and up to two M.2 drives, USB 3.2 Gen2, and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: Active chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsink and ROG Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution with 14+2 IR3555 PowIRstages, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors.
- High-performance networking: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, both with ASUS LANGuard protection, and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Unmatched personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 RGB headers.
- Industry-leading ROG audio: ROG SupremeFX S1220 is combined with the venerable ESS® ES9023P to deliver high-fidelity audio to headsets and exotic cans.
The Crosshair VIII Hero
Featuring support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPUs, on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Realtek® 2.5 Gbps LAN and PCIe 4.0, coupled with an overhauled metallic design and loaded with renowned ROG features, it's the perfect foundation for your AMD Ryzen rig.
BOOSTED PERFORMANCE, NO BOTTLENECKS
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero comes equipped with an optimized power-design layout and all the cooling headers you need to handle the prodigious power of the latest AMD Ryzen processors without performance-zapping thermal throttling.
POWER DESIGN SOLUTION
POWER DESIGN THAT BUCKS TRENDS
The monstrous compute power of multi-core processors necessitates a power circuit that rapidly responds to massive current swings. Featuring an array of 16 strategically paired power stages, the Hero's VRM is geared for any workload and all operating conditions.
DDR4 4800+ MHZ (O.C.)
Infused with proprietary memory trace layout tweaks that improve signal integrity and mitigate noise, Optimem III allows memory kits to run at lower latencies, reduced voltages, and operate at higher frequencies. Stack the Hero with your favorite modules and maximize Matisse throughput for applications that demand massive bandwidth, or balance infinity fabric and memory performance for a diverse range of workloads.
COOLER BY DESIGN
COMPREHENSIVE COOLING ZONE
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Heatsinks are extremely important for motherboards, as they absorb heat from critical areas to ensure components do not stagger due to overheating. With VRM, chipset and M.2 heatsinks, ROG Crosshair VIII Hero ensures efficient and stable operation even when pushed hard.
ACTIVE CHIPSET HEATSINK
ACTIVE CHIPSET HEATSINK DESIGN
PCle 4.0 provides twice the bandwidth for data flowing through the chipset, which creates more heat than the previous generation.
The Hero features an actively cooled heatsink to prevent throttling during sustained transfers.
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 YEAR
Country of Origin: CHINA
General InformationManufacturer: ASUS Computer International
Manufacturer Part Number: 90MB10T0-M0AAY0
Manufacturer Website Address: usa.asus.com
Brand Name: Asus ROG
Product Line: Crosshair VIII Hero
Product Name: Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) Desktop Motherboard
Product Type: Desktop Motherboard
Processor & ChipsetChipset Manufacturer: AMD
Total Processor Supported: 1
Processor Socket: Socket AM4
Processor Supported: Ryzen 3
Processor Supported: Ryzen 3 PRO
Processor Supported: Ryzen 5 PRO
Processor Supported: Ryzen 7 PRO
Processor Supported: Ryzen 9
Processor Supported: Ryzen 5
Processor Supported: Ryzen 7
MemoryNumber of Memory Slots: 4
Memory Form Factor: DIMM
Memory Form Factor: UDIMM
Maximum Memory: 128 GB
Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
Memory Speed Supported: 4.80 GHz (O.C.)
I/O ControllerController Type: Serial ATA/600
RAID Supported: Yes
RAID Levels: 0
RAID Levels: 10
RAID Levels: 1
AudioAudio Channels: 7.1
Network & CommunicationBluetooth: Yes
Gigabit Ethernet: Yes
Wireless LAN: Yes
Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
I/O ExpansionsNumber of Total Expansion Slots: 4
Total Number of PCI Express Slots: 4
Number of PCI Express x1 Slots: 1
Number of PCI Express x16 Slots: 3
Interfaces/PortsTotal Number of USB Ports: 12
Onboard InterfacesNumber of SATA Interfaces: 8
Number of M.2 Interfaces: 2
Total Number of Onboard USB Ports: 7
Physical CharacteristicsForm Factor: ATX
- Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) Desktop Motherboard
- User's Manual
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x ROG Big Sticker
- 1 x Q-Connector
- 1 x Wi-Fi Antenna(s)
- 1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80 cm)
- 1 x Extension Cable for Addressable LED
- 1 x ROG Coaster(s)
- 1 x ROG Thank You Card
Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Environmental Certification: RoHS